King’s Daughters Auxiliary will host a
Books Are Fun sale with electronics from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21, and Tuesday, Sept. 22, and 7 a.m.
to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, in the medical center’s Health Education
Center Auditorium (lower level Lexington Avenue parking garage).
In addition to all kinds of fiction and non-fiction books, the sale will
feature brand name electronics at amazing prices, including:
- Monster headphones
- Skullcandy headphones
- Samsung Galaxy tablets
- 40” Samsung televisions
- Fitbug orbs
- Fugoo sport blue tooth wireless speakers
- Polk surround bars
- Acer chrome notebooks
- Cuisinart compact juicers
- Link electronic heart rate bands and more!
Proceeds from the sale benefit the King’s Daughters Auxiliary and
the many community programs it helps support, such as:
- The medical center’s newborn Car Seat Safety Program
- KDMC’s Emergency Medication Fund that helps provide prescriptions
to eligible patients being discharged from the hospital who do not have
insurance and do not qualify for government assistance
- King’s Daughters Home Health Patient Assistance Fund to help cover
home health items for patients such as transfer benches, shower chairs,
etc., not covered by Medicare/Medicaid
- KDMC Home Medical Equipment Financial Assistance Program for the uninsured
- King’s Daughters Patient Special Needs Fund to help provide food,
clothing and shelter for eligible patients and their families
- KDMC’s Kid’s Kloset to help eligible new mothers with infant
formula, diapers, crib sheets and infant clothing
Cash and credit/debit cards are accepted.