Resources from the CDC
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has developed some
good resources for Americans in face of the Covid-19 pandemic. We are
sharing these resources here.
Patients with Covid-19 can have mild to severe respiratory illness. Symptoms
can include fever, cough and shortness of breath.
10 ways to manage respiratory symptoms at home.
- Stay home
- Monitor your symptoms
- Get rest and stay hydrated
- If you have a medical appointment, call ahead
- For medical emergencies, call 9-1-1 and notify dispatch personnel that
you have, or may have Covid-19
- Cover cough and sneezes.
- Wash your hands often
- Stay in a specific room and away from other people in the home.
- Avoid sharing personal items
- Clean all surfaces
If you develop
emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get
medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for
any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.