The physicians who specialize in digestive health include gastroenterologists
and general surgeons. These physicians diagnose and treat diseases and
disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach,
small intestine, large intestine, pancreas, liver, gallbladder and biliary system.
- Celiac disease
- Colon polyps and cancer
- Gallbladder and biliary tract disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Hepatitis, including management of Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory bowel/colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Liver disease, including fatty liver
- Nutritional problems
- Peptic ulcer disease
Endoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure that allows the physician or
surgeon to accurately diagnose - and often treat - conditions affecting
the esophagus, stomach and colon. These procedures are performed in the
Endoscopy Suites. King's Daughters provides endoscopy services in
both Ashland and Portsmouth. Services are provided weekdays in both locations;
Saturday hours are available in Ashland.
- King's Daughters Medical Center Ashland - use the Lexington Avenue entrance
- King's Daughters Medical Center Ohio - use the Hospital entrance.