Effective early screening for lung cancer
Lung cancer is most treatable when it is discovered early. Now, thanks
to an imaging study called low-dose CT scan, we are able to detect lung
abnormalities, including lung cancer, earlier and more effectively than
Low-dose CT is covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare and
Medicaid. To be eligible, platients must:
- Be between 55 and 77 years old
- Have no signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- Be a current smoker (or quit in last 15 years)
Have a tobacco use history of at least 30 pack-years (One pack-year equals
smoking 20 cigarettes/day for a year)
Talk with your primary care provider to discuss whether this important
screening is right for you. Your physician, physician assistant, or nurse
practitioner can order the screening for you. You may also call our Care
24/7 service at (606) 408-8999 (toll free 1-844-324-2200) for additional
information, screening criteria or referral to a provider. Our Care 24/7
service is free and available to everyone.
King's Daughters offers the low-dose CT screening for lung cancer at:
- King's Daughters Center for Advanced Imaging, 2225 Central Ave., Ashland, Ky.
- King's Daughters Medical Center Ohio, 2001 Scioto Trail, Portsmouth, Ohio
- King's Daughters Medical Specialties Grayson, 609 N. Carol Malone Blvd.,
- King's Daughters Medical Specialties Prestonsburg, 1279 Old Abbott
Mountain Road, Prestonsburg, Ky.
Call (606) 408-8999 or toll-free 1-844-324-2200 for more information.