Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
The outpatient rehabilitation program helps patients regain strength, adapt
to changes in their abilities, and live the fullest, most productive lives possible.
The program offers four treatment specialties:
- Audiology and Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Pathology
In addition, a special Balance Center helps patients dealing with balance
issues recover. Our rehabilitation program serves all ages. A specialized
treatment center for athletes recovering from sports injuries is also provided.
The outpatient rehabilitation program is located in the
Outpatient Services Center, 480 23rd St., Ashland.
We provide hearing testing for newborns to mature adults. Services include:
- Hearing aid program serving all ages, including programmable and digital aids
- Hearing aid repair and maintenance
- Auditory processing assessment
- Newborn hearing assessment and follow up
- Otoacoustic emissions, ABR and ENG testing
Testing and services are provided KDMC and select Family Care Centers.
Services are also provided at the worksite through our Occupational Medicine
Speech and Language Pathology
Services include evaluations and therapy for speech, language, swallowing,
voice and fluency. Services include:
- MBS/videofluroscopy X-ray to assess swallowing
- Treatment of neuromuscular problems
- Evaluation and recommendation for augmenting communication
- Electrical stem for swallowing problems
Speech Therapy also is available through our Home Health Department.
Our occupational therapists work closely with patients to restore strength
and coordination following an injury or illness. Our therapists help patients
regain basic self-care skills, including feeding, dressing and personal
hygiene. We also focus on home management skills, such as cooking and cleaning.
Services are available for all ages, from newborns to mature seniors. Physician
referral is required.
Physical therapists help patients regain function through therapeutic exercise.
Programs include sports medicine, neuralgic diseases, orthopedics, pediatrics,
work injury, lymphedema and arthritis pain care. Services are provided
to adolescents and adults recovering from:
- Neck and low back pain
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain tumor
- Neuromuscular disease
- Total joint replacement and orthopedic surgery
- Arthritis and rheumatic disease
- Minor burns
- Upper extremity and/or hand injury